Quiz on our Presidents?
We're all human, even our Presidents, of whom there have now been 44 in our brief appearance on the world scene. Let's have a little fun and see how much you know about some of them. My answers come at the end. Be patient. Don't cheat.
1. Which president spoke to his wife in a foreign language to avoid others from listening in? Extra credit: which language?
2. Which president liked telling racist jokes?
3. Which president formerly served as a public executioner?
4. Which president was known for his high pitched, squeaky voice?
5. Which president hated cats and would shoot them?
6. Which president was our shortest?
7. Which president killed a man and never served a day?
8. Which president had a different birth name?
9. Which president spoke with a lisp?
10. Which president couldn't stop running to the outhouse?
1. Herbert Hoover. He and his wife were both fluent in Chinese, having resided in China during the Boxer Rebellion.
2. Woodrow Wilson. He was considered an excellent mimic.
3. Grover Cleveland. While sheriff of Erie County, NY, in the 1870s, he twice put the noose around the condemned and sprang the trap door.
4. Abraham Lincoln.
5. Dwight Eisenhower. In his retirement, He would shoot stray cats at his Gettysburg farm.
6. James Madison. He was 5'4". Our tallest? Abraham Lincoln and Lyndon Baines Johnson at 6'4".
7. Andrew Jackson. He had killed a man in a duel, surviving his own wounds.
8. Gerald R. Ford. He was originally named after his biological father, Henry Lynch King, who abandoned his family.
9. John Adams. He refused to wear dentures.
10. James K. Polk. He suffered from chronic diarrhea and would die from a bowel disorder.